Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Sewing at Round Lake Retreat

On my table was a kit to make a draw string bag. I said I have lots of patterns 
but never made any. A friend said Lucille you make it right now. And look it is
beautiful and I even put fancy stitching at the top
 

 This is the next thing. I sewed with 5 gold fish appliqued on took me all day to sew it together.
Those green and yellow corner stones  16 of them.

  I had bought this kit at Fields Fabric in Kalamazoo, Mi. to make Fishy Fishy Runner for my son who is a great fisherman and he has gold fish in his 2 ponds in his yard.
 Now I just have to layer and quilt it so he can enjoy it.


One day I quilted all these pot holders
and the next day was spent putting on the binding
 

I had a wonderful time sewing and meeting new  and old  friends.
The food and fellowship was great no dishes or cooking to do for me.

3 comments:

  1. Sure looks good lucy you do such nice work always! and it is fun for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you have been busy. Such a cute bag and potholders.

    ReplyDelete